Love this lip colour! For when I’m wanting a sheer gloss but with really good colour payoff. Stays on really well aswell. The glossiness goes away after a meal but there is still colour left on my lips. Paired with my favourite liquid eye liner at the moment, Clio Kill Black. Its a korean brand liner and it very comparable to the Kat Von D – Trooper liner. The brush on the Clio is a bit more softer but colour and wearing power is the same. x o x o Linder
Hello world !! =)
I’ve been waiting for these Maybelline lip elixirs to come to Australia since seeing them last year all over youtube. I have finally gotten my hands on a couple of them, and I have to say I LOVE them !!
What can I say about them… well firstly can we just admire the beautiful packaging!! Its so sleek, highend looking and.. just beautiful in general hehehe. I love how its clear packaging so you can see exactly what color it is AND it looks like a lipstick!! But its not. I love it.
The wear of these I wouldn’t say it’s long wearing BUT it does stay on for quite sometime. Depending on the shade, some does have a staining effect. It’s very comfortable on the lips. It’s not sticky and feels very light weight on the lips. For gloss, it definitely has a lot of color pay off.
(Pic: top – signature scarlet, middle – hibiscus haven & bottom – madarin rapture)
I have four colors. I’m a big fan of big and bold lips. I didn’t get the purple/lilac one though. I’ve always been a red or pink kind of girl.
× 1 – 020 Signature Scarlet
× 2 – 015 Mandarin Rapture
× 3 – 095 Blush Essence
× 4 – 085 Hibiscus Haven
My favorite is Signature Scarlet. Its such a bright, classic red and with my fair skin it really stands out and brightens the face.
Thanks for viewing =)
x o x o Linder
Good morning world =)
I’ve been trying a lot of different products for the last 6 months, trying to pin point what is going to become my everyday routine. These products above has been the ones I reach for everyday, and I’m very happy with every single one.
1) Garnier BB Cream – I have been reaching for this “BB Cream” over my other foundations because it is super light weight and gives me the coverage I need for a daily foundation. I wasn’t really sure about getting a drug store BB cream, as I’ve heard and read from some bloggers that it’s not as great as the Asian branded ones. BUT the western companies have really stepped up their game. (I’ve also tried the Maybelline one, verdict, don’t like.)
2) Urban Decay – NAKED – need I say more? I have both NAKED and NAKED2 and I love them both. I like to use the shade “NAKED” as an all over the lid, and “DARKHORSE” in the outer lid to give it some depth.
3) NYX (Bourgeois Pig) – I’ve been using this blush for a very long time. I always seem to come back to it after trying others. It really looks nice with my skin tone (SUPER fair), so it gives me the perfect rosy cheeks ^^
4) Physicians Formula (Eye Booster) – LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this eyeliner. If you are a fan for liners with the thin paintbrush tips, you would love this also. It has become my holy grail!! (replacing my Dollywink) It does say there is a serum to boost your eyelash growth, but to be honest I cant see that my lashes have gotten any thicker or longer, that’s the only false hope you will get with this liner. Other then that, it gives the perfect winged liner and super easy to use.
5) Milani (Abstract) – I’ve only recently started to use products for my eyebrows. I’ve never seemed to be able to find a good colour for the brows only because I was constantly changing my hair colour. But I have kept my hair my natural colour, which is dark brown/black. And one of the browns in the palette really works well for me. Its a powder so I do use an angled brush to apply. (any suggestions? I’ve also tried the “Kevyn Aucoin” – eye brow retractable pencil, its really good but $$$ expensive)
6) Maybelline Color Whisper (Who wore it red-er) – Current favourite lipstick. Very moisturizing. Very smooth. Long lasting. Everything I would want in a lip product. ^^
I also wear mascara, but its constantly changing. What is your everyday makeup you reach for?
x o x o Linder
Thanks to “Fairytales and Coffee” for nominating me for a Liebster Award !! ^^
Now to the rules:
1) Post 11 facts about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create 11 questions for people you’ve nominated
3) Choose 11 people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post
4) Go to their page and tell them
5) Remember, no tag backs
11 Facts about myself:
1. I am obsessed with the color GREEN!!! I am one of them people who will try to get everything green ahahah.
2. I have one younger brother.
3. I am the most amazing circle of friends. I love them all for being here for me with everything thats happened in the last 2 years of my crazy, drama filled life.
4. I work in the Dental industry.
5. I hate summer. I love winter.
6. I am slowly getting very involved with makeup and fashion MORE then usual.
7. Before going to bed every night I ALWAYS youtube. ^^
8. I can never sound mean or angry UNLESS it’s the boyfriend ahahah sorry babe I love you, you know that.
9. I am Vietnamese but keep getting asked if I am Chinese, japanese and even Filipino one time…
10. I only hate 3 people. Hate is a very strong word.
Question from Fairytales and Coffee =)
1. What is your favorite book? Anything mystery and thriller. I LOVE reading and most nights when I can’t get to sleep I would be reading a book to help me fall asleep.
2. Do you still read fashion magazines, and if you do which is your favorite one? If you don’t, why did you stop reading them? hmmm I don’t really anymore. Unless it’s at a hair salon/doctors/dentist surgery in the waiting room. I stopped because I tend to just read blogs adn watch youtube videos AND just buy whatever I feel comfortable wearing and looks good on me.
3. What is your biggest skincare concern? PIMPLES!! and dry flakey skin *shivers* I struggle with these two problems especially when the season is changing, and it makes me feel ugly. (>_<)
4. If you had to choose: Britney or Christina, and why? Britney Spears. I love her. Always have even when she went through her crazy phase lol.
5. If you have to choose: Shakira or JLo, and why? JLo and I honestly don’t know why. Just because. Shakira hasn’t made any hits recently and JLo has some pretty good songs out at the moment.
6. Favorite female or male model? Female-Mirander Kerr / Male-Tyson Beckford
7. Cosmetic brand you would take to a deserted island, and why? Sunscreen. I don’t want to be crispy and peeling.
8. Cosmetic brand you would pull the plug on? (Bury never to be seen or heard from again). I honestly don’t know about this one… because a lot of brands have BAAAAAD products BUT they also have products that are also good… So I cant pull a plug on any practicular cosmetic brand… UNLESS!! people duped them. Then its fake. Not cool.
9. If you could only use one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why? Fake lashes. They make such a difference with OR without makeup. I love them. I wish my natural lashes were like crazy dramatic and full. sighs..
10. Last movie you saw. At home. Hunger Games.
11. Iphone, Android, or Blackberry? For sure Iphone. I cannot live without it.
My 11 Questions ^__________________^
1. What else are you doing besides blogging?
2. What is your favourite foundation of all time?
3. Name 3 Cosmetic brands that you absolutly LOVE
4. What is your dream job?
5. What is your favourite color? And how and why did you start liking it?
6. What is your favourtie TV show?
7. Cosmetic brand you would take to a deserted island, and why?
8. Do you shop online more or Shopping malls?
9. If you could only use one makeup product for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why?
10. Last movie you saw.
11. What is your dream/goals for 2012?
Who I have nominated (9)
ok. I don’t know how to check how many followers people have…. =( soooo sorry.
Lips. They are the most stateful part of the face in my opinion. (only because I don’t wear alot of eye makeup besides liner)
I would like to share with you guys what I have been using religiously on my lips.
My everyday routine for ze lips ^________________^
- after brushing my teeth; I would take my “Lip Scub” from Lush and using a little kids brush I got from work and gently brush my lips until all the dry bits are gone and they are nice and smooth.
- I straight away grab my “Babylips Glow” by Maybelline and apply before I start my skincare routine.
- After finish skincare and makeup routine, (lips are always the last thing I do, like most people I believe) I will take my “Posie Tint” by Benefit and apply a generous amount without rubbing it in with my fingers, I just pressed my lips together moving them side to side.
AND whoalah! Nice bright pink lips for the pretty much the WHOLE day. During the day if my lips start to feels like it has lost some moisture, I will just take out my “babylips glow” and apply. Other then that I don’t reapply, UNLESS I have been out since early morning till late night. I might have to reapply about 6pm just too make it a bit brighter.
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Posie Tint. I have gotten so many compliments for my lips. And all I have is just my simple eye liner look. Simple. Fresh. Young. Was what my Dentist described it and she said its good when patients walk in, I can greet them with my smile that looks extra white to the colour of my lips ^^ lOVE IT!
Today I went shopping with the boyfriend on the hunt for a new face moisturizer that wasn’t going to make my dry spots visible. Its the worst feeling walking out of the door knowing sooner or later the dry spots are going to become very visible and that I’m going to have to whip out the mirror and my moisturizer to fix.
Every since winter this year my skin has been going crazy. One minute it’s fine with my normal moisturizer which was the “biore” and then it’s not moisturizing enough I’m getting dry patches on my cheek area =(
My bestie has been Using “cetaphil” forever and said it’s really good for an in-expensive moisturizer. (I got sick of waiting for someone to serve & help me. There was like 3 sales people working in a department store.. Seriously how annoying, so i went to Priceline which is drugstore) Also i have seen alot of youtube gurus using it as well. So I got it today. I will update u guys, but any ideas of what I should get if I don’t like?? My skin type is oily.
Another item I brought today whilst looking around in David Jones, was the “revlon – color stay whipped”. I have heard so many good views about this foundation I was really curious. It just came out in Australia. Also my Chanel Matt lumier was almost empty, it’s starting to splatter at me lol. I was a bit hesitant on buying it because there wasn’t any testers and unlike the US, once brought you cannot return if you change your mind. And that it was $34.95. Thats not cool because I’m not even sure if its the right one! I just applied it on my face before deciding to blog. Its the perfect shade!! *phew* So far it’s good and all the raves about the foundation is pretty accurate. The only thing I’m still going to have to test is the longevity. It goes on really smooth and easy.
One negative feedback. The smell. At first I thought maybe it’s my foundation brush but I smelt all my other brushes I cleaned the other day and it doesn’t smell funky. Sooooooo I think it’s the foundation. It smells like a tangy alcohol smell?? Lol
Another revlon product I got was the “Just bitten”Lipstain and balm. I hate it. I really do. It’s pretty crappy compared to the “Benefit lip tint”. Ok I love the color I got which was “passion” BUT the application was so crap I was so disappointed. It applied really well for like 2 seconds and then there was no product. My lips at that point was so uneven and ugly looking. It was like how you just eaten candy and your lips got stained by accident. I mean if that’s the look your going for then it’s the product you want. But I really wanted an even cover on the lips. I then decided to shake it a few times to see if more product was going to come out. Oh how silly of me to do that. Oh it came out. A lot. It went all over my clothes the dash of my car and even on my boyfriends knee who was driving. It stained. Argh. Annoying. Worst $17 I spent.
I also brought “maybelline babylips – lips glow” but in the lighter pink coz I loved the darker one so much. I love it. Love it so much. Best $3.50 I spent on makeup hehehe.
And lastly I got a drugstore mascara from the brand “Prestige- my blackest lashes”. I kinda just got it because I heard from YouTube guru “raeview” that it was very similar to the “lancome-Hypnose”. I like it. But I don’t know… It’s good. I think I have to use it a few more times.
Thanks for reading ^^
X o x o Linder
maybelline “babylips GLOW” ♥
I am absolutly loving the new maybelline babylips glow. They come in two different shades. In baby pink and pink blast. I have it in the pink blast. AND i love it!! I was really skeptical about this because I really didn’t like the old babylips. I thought yes they were moisterizing BUT it didn’t last and it was like something I could’ve gotten from any other brand but better.
Yes. The new one isn’t that long lasting, BUT it has this perfect pink tint after you apply it. When you pull of the cap and look at the product, it looks very sheer. I was so dissapointed. I used it anyways since I brought it and went out to do grocery shopping. During the time I was out, the girl at the check-out asked me what I was using on my lips because it gave a really nice natural pink lip look. I was confused because I didn’t remember putting anything “pink” colour on my lips. SO I replied, “nothing” and she was complimenting me on how lucky I was. I felt pretty good about myself at that point.
Little did I know that, I wasn’t lucky hahahah. I got to the car, put everything away, got into the drivers seat and looked in the overhead cover mirror and was shocked. My lips were a very nice looking pink that complimented my fair skin. I then realised that it was the Babylips glow. I came home and had lunch. After lunch it wasn’t as pink, so I decided to test this out. I reapplied the Babylips and waited. Slowly my lips did get pinker!! Amazing! I really want to go get the Baby pink colour and see how that turns out.
image courtesy of @chirpytogether of google images =)
I know that in the US they have other Babylips one that has different flavours and packaging. Are they the same as these one that we get in Australia??
x o x o Linder